[FRIAM] it's world logic day!

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:45:08 EST 2021

Both EricS and Marcus launched in the direction I want to go, which I *think* ends in parallel Turing machines. Modern AI/ML is clearly a success. And I'd argue that its success depends fundamentally on its multi-paradigm modeling (or as it makes more sense to me, multiple "models of computation" -- MoCs). Some MoCs target ordering directly (to relax from or tighten to total ordering). Some MoCs attempt to ignore as much ordering as possible and satisfy some set of weakest constraining predicates.

But the important thing (I think) is how the MoCs are [dis]assembled into and out of working things.

We have process calculi that handle parallelism well enough. But, in my ignorance, they seem "classical" (for a lack of a better word) rather than constructive. What I think we need are constructive models (like Turing machines) for the [de]composition of cooperating collections of logics. And I speculate that a proto use case for such are inconsistency robust IT systems. But perhaps a better one would be how human sensorimotor systems handle contradictory streams of information (e.g. the physiology of synaesthesia).

I tried several months ago, in my inadequate way, to surf whatever work I could find on parallel Turing machines, but got distracted. If anyone has any short-cuts to hand my lazy @ss, I'd appreciate it.

Regardless, Merle's objection sounds like *any* one logic will (of course) fail to represent everything. And the extent to which we can change logics so that we choose the one fit to purpose, what we *want* of Logic is a way to construct executives that can do the fit-to-purpose selection given whatever context *and/or* compose encapsulated logics so that the composition is more expressive than the components.

Sorry if that's incoherent. I'm trying to watch talks on logic while writing this.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ