[FRIAM] The+Jim+Rutt+Show

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:59:10 EST 2021

[sigh] I'll never get that time back. I regret that you've now convinced me to listen to 2 Jim Rutt episodes. I've completely forgotten what the first one was about. And it's likely I'll forget this one, too. Rutt seems like a gentler Joe Rogan, who facilitates the insane ranting of his guests with so little curation as to make it useless *unless* you're *excited* by the people talking. ("Excited" in a good or bad way.) But I suppose I should give Rutt more of my ear time before I come to any conclusions. So I've added it to my feed.

Yarvin [ε] is one of the founders of the alt-right, a right wing "intellectual" troll whose sheer (admitted) intellect encourages him (and his hapless victims) toward the same ambiguous over-statement and over-confidence Trump has used so well. His con-man facade is obvious if you follow his speech/text patterns. To find the details he glosses, all you need to do is focus on where he laughs at his own jokes and veers hyperbolic in his claims. His uses of "fvck" and "sh¡t" are good places to start.

Good examples of his trolling can be found at Scott Aaronson's site: https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=3167#comment-1732226

Credibility is about being careful in one's language and actions. Don't be fooled by those who throw tons of spaghetti at the wall. Of course if you throw more spaghetti, then more of your spaghetti will stick. Yarvin is, truly, incredible. Of course, just because you can't trust a con-man does *not* mean con-men aren't useful or that they shouldn't exist. It takes a village. And every village needs its Jesters and gimpy shamen.

[ε] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Enlightenment
https://qz.com/1007144/the-neo-fascist-philosophy-that-underpins-both-the-alt-right-and-silicon-valley-technophiles/

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ