[FRIAM] incitement

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:53:42 EST 2021

I disagree, Marcus.

Each Senator need only ask himself, "Did he take advantage of his office to do things that are substantially beyond it's job description and norms.  If people seriously believed (and could demonstrate) that Obama had abused Executive Orders as a means of accomplishing policy, he could have been impeached, convicted, and removed from office for it, even if he committed no other crime.  The only weasel word in that understanding is "substantially."  I assume we wouldn't impeach a president for ordering a sandwich after hours from the canteen.

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/