[FRIAM] exploiting the uncanny valley...

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:13:39 EST 2021

Y'all aren't being fair to Eliza!

vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Below is Emacs' Doctor's query given Marcus' post:

MGD: My peeve of late is with people that talk about latent low dimensional representations as if it were a given that they exist and are generally valid to use.  Of course, these animations hold most variables constant about their subjects and change some coarse or local geometry.   They are not generative models trained on observed behavior.   I dream of an avatar that can reproduce me on Zoom calls for a few days so I can go to the park and play with my dog.   I'd like to have training sets like "in a good mood and feeling generous" which I could replay again and again and again coupled to whatever topic.

Psychotherapist: Why do you say you might want to have training sets this good mood and
feeling generous which you could replay again and again and again
coupled to whatever topic?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It clearly doesn't handle that much text. It's more interesting if we give it one sentence at a time:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
MGD: My peeve of late is with people that talk about latent low dimensional representations as if it were a given that they exist and are generally valid to use.

PsychoT: Is it because talk about latent low dimensional representations as if
it were a given that they exist and are generally valid to use that
you came to me?

MGD: Of course, these animations hold most variables constant about their subjects and change some coarse or local geometry.

PsychoT: Tell me about something about math.

MGD: They are not generative models trained on observed behavior.

PsychoT: What makes you believe that?

MGD: I dream of an avatar that can reproduce me on Zoom calls for a few days so I can go to the park and play with my dog.

PsychoT: Does it bother you that can reproduce you on zoom calls for a few days
so you can go to the park and play with your dog?

MGD: I'd like to have training sets like "in a good mood and feeling generous" which I could replay again and again and again coupled to whatever topic.

PscyhoT: How does it feel to want?

I mean, that's pretty deep, right? 8^D

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ