[FRIAM] Acronyms

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:33:17 EST 2021

Wrong? No. I'm sure there's a large fraction of programmers out there who would agree with you. Incomplete? Yes. Rigor means doing everything necessary for your purpose. If a programmer's purpose is to communicate with other programmers, then sure, use pseudocode or whatever hand-waving human language you think might work. But if your purpose is to make something happen, in the world, outside of human minds, then use actual code and actual machines, including all the steps required to get the computer to do the thing.

Rigorous clarity, then, is a parsable phrase ... even for programmers. But clarity is not rigor ... at least not from a rigorous perspective. IDK. I expect my expectations for this post are off as well. 8^D

I intended to respond to Steve. But I'll let this stand as that response, too. The callback to Glassholes was well-received. <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Glasshole>

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ