[FRIAM] Acronyms

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 11:03:25 EST 2021

Yeah, I know. I repurposed it. But it's also important to allow poor schlubs stuck in toxic workplaces trying to get something done in spite of their inadequate abilities to manipulate their environment. I was that way at Lockheed, where we used GNAT to demonstrate that the Tartan compiler was doing some funky stuff. Luckily, someone up the hierarchy had serious pull with Tartan. But sometimes you just don't have that power. All I could do was show them how GNAT vs Tartan did it and hope for the best. I was a lowly syseng, but had some ins with softeng [⛧]. So we could have gotten around it. But we didn't have to. This is the 2nd time in as many months I've pulled that story out of my hat. I wish I could remember the details, now. Maybe it's sitting on some 3.5 floppies in some vault somewhere.

[⛧] Softeng stopped making fun of us, calling us bureaucrats, box-and-arrow-guys, etc. after this incident. 8^D

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ