[FRIAM] coding versus music

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:17:09 EST 2021

No, I didn't miss the conditional. Both with and without monism, you can call anything "communication" if you want. The garage door opener can, given monism, and given stigmergy, be thought of as a communication from me to some far future civilization, for example... or as a way to tell GE how to build a better one, or whatever. But it's not. Sometimes a garage door opener is just a garage door opener. It's completely useless to expand every artifact out into a kind of communication.

So, sometimes a programmed computer is communication and sometimes it's not. Talk concretely about what you want to talk about and the conversation will be more productive.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ