[FRIAM] Message to the non-posting 95%

Russ Abbott russ.abbott at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:18:21 EST 2021

Hi, (breaking the eerie silence)

I'm still here. This thread illustrates why I rarely post these days. I
liked Nick's original post asking non-posters to say something. But I found
the ensuing discussion of spam not very interesting. If that discussion
were to be carried on at all, it should have been in another thread,
leaving this one to its original purpose.

A feature that you probably can't implement would be to allow readers to
mark threads as non-interesting, which would exclude them from that
reader's stream.

-- Russ Abbott
Professor, Computer Science