[FRIAM] Strawman/Steelman

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:29:22 EST 2021

In an attempt to continue following the alt-right, and having landed on a firm ad hominem character judgement of Curtis Yarvin, I need to track the following 3 people (labeled "Trumpist Intellectuals" in a Bulwark article):

https://gyaanipedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chuck_de_Caro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Anton
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelo_Codevilla

One of the others, "Tom Trenchard" (e.g. https://americanmind.org/features/a-house-dividing/2020-a-retrospective-from-2025/), seems to be a pseudonym. But I have reasons to believe it might be this guy based on the "Tom Trenchard" URL at americnamind.org:

https://isearch.asu.edu/profile/3331751

My point being that your idea for *inducing* reasoning from text (and suggesting changes to that reasoning), I think the most reasonable next step lies in the sentiment analysis and plagiarism identification work that's already going on. I'd like to be able to tell whether Tom Trenchard is actually S. Adam Seagrave by comparing his political writing to his academic writing.

I'd actually *prefer* extending that work over your idea because those links you post (and the ideology they imply) seems, feels to me, like top-down imposition of "right reasoning" onto the biology rather than learning, inducing, how animals reason *from* the animal behavior. If we could build up, with ML, coherent models of biological reasoning, *then* we could compare that to extant models of reasoning like that implied in those links.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ