[FRIAM] coding versus music

George Duncan gtduncan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:59:14 EST 2021

I certainly agree with Ed. Coding does indeed suggest the final stage for a
particular language--should that colon instead be on a semi-colon. I would,
though, argue for  "algorithmic thinking" rather than "computational
thinking".

George Duncan
Emeritus Professor of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
georgeduncanart.com
See posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Land: (505) 983-6895
Mobile: (505) 469-4671

My art theme: Dynamic exposition of the tension between matrix order and
luminous chaos.

"Attempt what is not certain. Certainty may or may not come later. It may
then be a valuable delusion."
>From "Notes to myself on beginning a painting" by Richard Diebenkorn.

"It's that knife-edge of uncertainty where we come alive to our truest
power." Joanna Macy.