[FRIAM] The Dream of Florida

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Thu Jul 1 16:12:32 EDT 2021

Yochen, just a comment on your misgivings about Florida being Trump-country.

When I visited Miami the very first time many years ago, it was mainly
English-speaking Americans with minority Hispanics. Later it became sort of
50-50 and lately it's more like a Hispanic city with minority "traditional"
English speaking Americans. A significant portion of the Hispaninics are
from Cuba and they seem to loath communism and are attracted to the
Republican party.
All I'm saying is that the Repubilcan support in Miami specifically is
maybe not the stereotype Trump Maga people?

Maybe I'm wrong in my interpretation, if someone wants to correct me, I'm
open to learn more and change my mind about this. I certainly don't claim
to be an expert on American culture, I'm just sharing my personal
experience in Miami.

Pieter