[FRIAM] of straw and steel

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Mon Jul 5 13:58:02 EDT 2021

There's a new book by Adrian Wooldridge, The Aristocracy of Talent: How
Meritocracy Made the Modern World, comes out July 13.

https://www.amazon.com/Aristocracy-Talent-Meritocracy-Modern-World/dp/1510768610/

Another aspect of the college scam is that the highly selective colleges
artificially limit their supply to enfrenzy the demand -- is there some
fundamental reason why a "Harvard Education" can only be dispensed to 6755
undergraduate students at a time?   Yes, it would be hard to cram more
students into the existing campus, but is that pile of bricks the essence
of the educational experience?

-- rec --