[FRIAM] the slow red-pill

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:10:41 EDT 2021

Yes! Which brings me back to my confusion as to why anyone would *want* to recruit others into their own personal niche. I suppose, as kids, we might want to join some bandwagon in the hopes for *lifting* us to a region we can call our own. I think that's misguided. But I can see why someone would think that way.

At the salon on Tuesday, the bartender's kids were there, one selling lemonade out front and the other simply hanging out with mom, who was also there. After listening to us render our opinionated nonsense for an hour or so, I asked him if he had a provocative subject to raise. He persistently demurred, aggressively claiming he knew too little to pose any such issue. Luckily, his parents were there and knew which buttons to push to get him to render an opinion.

People who work to acquire followers, be mentors, acquire mentees, acolytes, "intellectual offspring", always seem to harbor some deeply ingrained inferiority complex. So not only do we have a responsibility to go off on solo safaris into private niches. But we have a responsibility to *push away* those who may, for whatever reason, try to follow us ... for their own good. Find your own niche! This one is mine. >8^D

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ