[FRIAM] heuristics for fuzzy objectives (was Re: Drones to detect wildfires)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Jun 1 15:40:19 EDT 2021

If the optimization is around a dependent's human needs, then there are wide feasibility tolerances.   They need some food, water, and minimal shelter, but that's about it.
Jet engines, microprocessors, bosses, etc. these are less resilient systems.    On the other hand there's Eric's observation about "grasping" and the dramatic consequences of that.   It's the longer term indirect consequences that are harder to anticipate, and that's where nurturing (for lack of a better word) has a ROI for the individual and the group.   How does one arrange the "logistics" of developing a sound human mind?