[FRIAM] The case for and the case against Covid vaccinations

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:44:35 EDT 2021

Excellent! Stripped of the kvetching about "censorship" and "darkhorse podcast" nonsense, you're getting closer to a testable hypothesis. I encourage you to take a look at some of the clinical trials for the alternatives you're talking about. E.g. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=Covid19&term=ivermectin&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=

You'll notice that they (try to) list *several* outcomes. That you have some calculus that shows how those outcomes aggregate to be "in total better than getting vaccinated" is a *strong* claim. You've provided no evidence whatsoever. What is your calculus for comparing the regimens? You won't be able to provide that evidence UNTIL you're more specific and concrete about which outcomes you hold most prominent.

You also need to be specific about the circumstances. E.g. in the ivermectin case, what *cocktail* of treatments did you include alongside ivermectin? In one study, they're using ivermectin, hydroxychloraquine, favipiravir, and azithromycin. Are the benefits and/or adverse effects linearly decomposable from the cocktail? Perhaps your doctor doesn't have access to 1 or more of the ingredients. How might that affect the outcomes?

These are all excellent questions and I laud you for launching into the effort of justifying those regimens over the vaccine. I welcome that evidence.

Obviously, where the vaccine is unavailable but one or more of the reasonably justified alternatives is available, it's a no-brainer. Do what your doctor tells you to do. But where the vaccine is free and easy, the alternative therapies have a high bar to jump. And I'm glad you're willing to tell us which of those therapies are "in total better". I'm anxious to hear about them.

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ