[FRIAM] Big data forensics

David Eric Smith desmith at santafe.edu
Thu Jun 24 00:42:44 EDT 2021

Speaking of big data forensics (which no-one was):
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.18.449051v1.full.pdf <https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.18.449051v1.full.pdf>

Jesse was one of our CSSS students in a wonderful summer school we ran in Qingdao now many years ago.  He was recognizably really good already at that time (as many of the CSSS participants are), and it has been interesting to watch his contribution as a public-health guy during the pandemic.  I think this is the first result where he really has something nobody else knew was there.

I post because (apart from general interest), in the last paragraph of his introduction, he makes a call for data forensics to be done more systematically.

Eric