[FRIAM] Score one for Wokeism!

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:49:09 EST 2021

Hm. I can see that relying on an authority to do the flattening would be authoritarianism. So, e.g. using a Constitution or religious doctrine as the basis for the flattening would fall into that class. But if the objective function is endogenous, then it's not authoritarian.

And this is the main point Campbell makes about Wokeism. He claims its dynamism and decentralization is a) why it'll last for awhile and b) is merely a *pseudo* religion, not an actual one. Again, if you buy his rhetoric (which I don't), then Woke flattening is not authoritarian (or any form of censorship).

One could argue that LeBron James and Renee Montgomery, in their canceling of Kelly Loeffler, leans toward oligarchy ... i.e. the rich celebrities are the ones flattening other rich celebrities. But that's still not (deep) authoritarianism.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ