[FRIAM] great man theory

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:53:13 EST 2021

What is the quote "Methinks the lady doth protest too much"? >8^D

Dave's post held zero resentment, as far as I can tell. Maybe Steve resents. I don't and I don't think Dave does. What's at work, here, isn't resentment. It's an attempt to point out a fundamental flaw in our highly connected world ... watching as GroupThink churns from one celebrity to the next, from celebrity like Trump to the more sedate celebrity of Biden ... from the celebrity of AI to the more sedate celebrity of ML.

If we replaced the people in Dave's list with technologies, we'd see the SAME pattern.

And Dave explicitly said, and Jon remarked on, the fact that *we* make these celebrities. They're the victims. And if we want to come to terms with our highly connected world, we need to look hard in the mirror.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ