[FRIAM] great man theory

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Mar 12 14:40:33 EST 2021

Well said Jon... the pop/collective celebre as poem or gestural (ala
sumi-e) drawing.

Regarding these "seductions", having archetypical figures to identify
with/aspire towards, they can also be cautionary.   I'm sure there are
many (esp. young LIbertarians) who aspire to be Musk.

I don't know how close Glen's debunking of the "Great Man Theory" comes
to the  "Cult of Personality" trope, but they would seem to be
corollaries in some way.