[FRIAM] What is Wealth for?

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 19:24:52 EDT 2021

Right. But what I think this misses is the point of the hypergame (or my extension of the idea, maybe). I guess some call them "wicked", where the playing of the game defines the game. It's this circularity that the discussions *I've* seen about externalities lack. They discuss that in the podcast as well, where "organically grown" systems have organisms eating the waste of other organisms and the only "wasteland" is informationless heat. Ackley was also present at the open ended evolution meetings. So I know he's at least sometimes thinking hypergames. To *flatten* that rich, circular structure into a singular game, to project everything to the Almighty Dollar or some other low-dimensional measure like distance, seems odd. It reminds me of the incessant chattering we do about directed acyclic graphs, which encourage us to clump cycles into a single node and forget there are cycles lurking therein.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ