[FRIAM] What is Wealth for?

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 16 00:15:57 EDT 2021

Many years back, at UNM, I was teaching a graduate seminar in the philosophical roots of computer science. At one point the discussion was around aesthetics and art, and one particular thread on computer programming as performance art. I asked students who if they would pay to watch a performer write code the same way as they would to if playing a piano.  The spontaneous and consensus answer was, David Ackley. I later had a small opportunity to pair program with him, and they were right.

Totally different item: I sure would like to take some of you (especially you glen)  the places I have been where I intellectually, viscerally, emotionally, somatically, and kinesthetically experienced and understood really cool things like infinity.

davew