[FRIAM] What is Wealth for?

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 00:01:11 EDT 2021

Is the definition of wealth having a lot of whatever the culture values?
(I'm late meeting Nick's challenge to me.)  The former Bhutan (it's
changing drastically and rapidly) valued Happiness.  It's why their happy
people thought they were wealthy, despite being one of the world's least
"developed" country. (GDP is now rising with outside development of its
natural resources).

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 1:31 PM Steve Smith <sasmyth at swcp.com> wrote:

> Tangenting off of the Great Man discussion, I would like to solicit a
> discussion on  "What is Wealth for".  I believe we have attended to this
> on the side many times (I remember a vFriam where it was declared that
> "Billionaires are Assholes, but Millionaires aren't (necessarily)"?
>
> Each of our Great (Wo)Men on the snark/not-snark list share one thing in
> common, Wealth.   I'd be interested to hear others riff a little more on
> their taxonomies of "what is Wealth for?"
>
> - Steve

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
Center for Emergent Diplomacy
emergentdiplomacy.org