[FRIAM] Friday Fodder

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:40:05 EDT 2021

Jon,

Say more! I don't yet see the connection.

For me, Gibson hopelessly misunderstands his monist roots.  Direct perception is either a tautology or nonsense.  If one is dualist, and separates the world from our perception of it, then it is nonsense.  If one is a monist, then all experience is direct and calling it "direct" is wasted breath.   There, EricC, I have finally said it!

Still pondering your last contribution to the writing thread.

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/