[FRIAM] (no subject)

David Eric Smith desmith at santafe.edu
Thu Mar 25 07:09:51 EDT 2021

Hi Glen,

Thank you, and yes, I did submit it somewhere.  There are a couple of different evolution journals where this kind of subject is published.  They all have length limits — 140 characters or something like that — which this thing exceeds.  I don’t even remember which of them I sent to, because their formats turn out to be quite similar.  Mostly I was trying to get it before the eyes of a couple of people whom I hope the editor will ask as reviewers, who I think will immediately understand what the move is, because it is so close to where they have already come, and that they will agree that it is a kind of natural completion of what Price and also they were trying to do.  After that the editor will reject it, but I can ask for advice on whether there is anyplace it could be published, without violating the conditions of review.

I am horrible at timeliness on reviews, and during COVID, everyone else has become uncommonly bad as well.  So it could be years before I hear anything.  I have another paper that is now out for about 30 months to a Springer journal; this one has only been out maybe 8 or 10 months.

Many thanks,

Eric