[FRIAM] vaccine update

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 10:12:58 EDT 2021

‘Real world’ study by CDC shows Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were 90% effective
https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/29/real-world-study-by-cdc-shows-pfizer-and-moderna-vaccines-were-90-effective/

I keep hearing that the J&J trials may have shown a lower efficacy because it was run later, given the new variants. This story seems to contradict that a bit.

But I haven't posted a graph in awhile. So here goes. Embarrassingly, I managed to clip the NYT data before a reasonable date to make the plot more readable. But in the 15 or 20 minutes I tried, I failed to do the same with JHU because of the unfortunate way they format their data ... date in the columns instead of rows, if I remember right. My laziness is useful, though, because it's nice to have one plot be the entire run while the other focus in a bit.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ