[FRIAM] The case for universal basic income UBI

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed May 5 14:46:11 EDT 2021

> Agreed! One can have meaningless sex, but who wants to?
Is that anything like gratuitous amounts of torque in your BMW?

My Volt has silly amounts of torque, especially off the line and it is
modulated to not allow tire slippage, but in spite of having a slightly
difficult highway-entry I rarely go past 2/3 on the accelerator.   In
another phase of life, I'd probably waste the extra electrons *every*
time I pulled away, but now it is nice just to know that trade-space is
available if I want it.