[FRIAM] How swarms of bees go from preferring one target to preferring another

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue May 25 23:46:57 EDT 2021

Yeah, I’ve noticed interesting stuff in SRA datasets.   I have a suspicion it is underutilized information, but I haven’t really investigated (the literature).   There are some CDC BAA’s out recently along these lines.  Like high-performance metagenomics tools that can characterize all the pathogen variants in a sample.

I suppose one could try to further regulate it, but some countries may actually sponsor this kind of research in their defense budgets.   And there are good reasons to understand the potential badness and diversity of viral / host (human) interactions.    And nature in its infinite spite can come up with this stuff itself, so it is good to be prepared.   Simply refusing to investigate or discuss scary topics is pointless.