[FRIAM] Drones to detect wildfires

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Thu May 27 11:10:51 EDT 2021

I must agree and disagree.

Yes, my statement was an oversimplification, but not a caricature.

The caveat I should have included concerns the "distance" from where we are at the moment and the point at which the objective would be achieved.

I stand by my assertion that for objectives like the UN goals shared by Pieter and the less specific objectives in Steve's post, failure is assuredly more likely than success — based on the arguments presented in the book.

davew