[FRIAM] Habermas rejects UAE’s Zayed Book Award

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:29:21 EDT 2021

Heh, I explicitly hunted for a source *other* than the WaPo because it's owned by Bezos and I'd rather not advertise his for-profit businesses. So, the AP seemed like a good alternative. Then later I find this disturbing article:

Emily Wilder’s Firing Is No Surprise: AP Has Always Been Right-Wing
https://theintercept.com/2021/05/25/emily-wilder-firing-ap-right-wing/

My first reaction is "Bah! The lefties at the Intercept are just as guilty of hyperbolic click-bait headlines as the righty channels." But then I read it.  Hm. I liked "The Jungle". I had no idea he wrote a book about the bias of the AP. Sheesh. My ignorance knows no bounds. Take whatever ideological stance you prefer on the right's *canceling* of Emily Wilder, these little nuggets of (probably biased) history are useful whatever stance you take.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ