[FRIAM] lurking

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Nov 2 10:36:52 EDT 2021

My point was that the cost to probe some memory address is low.   And all there is, is I/O and memory.

 It does become difficult to track thousands of addresses at once:  Think of a debugger that has millions of watchpoints.   However, one could have diagnostics compiled in to the code to check invariants from time to time.   I don't know why Nick says there is no privilege.   There can be complete privilege.   Extracting meaning from that access is rarely easy, of course.  Just as debugging any given problem can be hard.