[FRIAM] "chilling effect"

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Nov 11 12:37:25 EST 2021

Glen -

Thanks for this example/analysis... it seems to be an example of how the
vernacular creeps upward (capillary action?) into the formal and even
legal.   I assume judicial scholars have entire library shelves on the
topic of how this happens, how to recognize it, how to effect or
mitigate it.   It seems like it is also likely a mechanism leading to
eventual collapse in the game of "punctuated equilibrium".

- Steve