[FRIAM] Newborn Heart Rate

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 11:10:02 EDT 2021

Category errors, an opinion.

In computer programming there are type errors.  For example, in a strongly
typed language it is an error to say real A := 2*3.75
This is because the machine code for integer multiplication is entirely
different from that for floating point multiplication.  In a more forgiving
language the compiler will cast 2 as 2.0 and do the obvious thing.  As I
understand it a category error is a type error in natural language.  Most
people ignore them outside of tight, logical discourse I think analogous to
the behavior of forgiving compilers.

It's been 50 years since I studied compiler theory but I'm sure someone
will correct my errors.

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly