[FRIAM] Newborn Heart Rate

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 8 02:48:54 EDT 2021

David Eric Smith wrote:

*"I cannot juggle hundreds of variables, and produce a result that would fail _any_ test for randomness.  I can conceive that maybe there are people smart enough to do that, but cannot imagine any-wise what it would feel like to be one of them."*

But  . . . . every human being does exactly that, all the time, more or less effortlessly — certainly below the threshold of "conscious" awareness. Billions of variables, including certain cell receptors "detecting" and responding to quantum effects (like changes in spin induced by magnetic fields).

Some Asian philosophies (Jnana Yoga, Tibetan Tantra) and most of the Alchemical literature can be read as efforts to "decompile" this ability, make it conscious, and apply it in "ordinary reality."

davew