[FRIAM] Unexpected success

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Mon Oct 11 07:20:58 EDT 2021

There is a funny aspect about it, but it is not specific for a certain country. The funny part for me is that he was never really successful as an artist and lived a moderate life in a suburb of Nashville. It was a silly dance posted by his daughter on TikTok that brought him success, not the hard work or the good connections. To become successful you have to produce what millions of people want, and that can be a silly dance.-J.
-------- Original message --------From: Jochen Fromm <jofr at cas-group.net> Date: 10/11/21  08:36  (GMT+01:00) To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com> Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Unexpected success No, not at all. Nobody has heard about it here. I have discovered the song in the Canadian charts and then found reports on YouTube which explain the TikTok story and the background here on WGN-TVhttps://youtu.be/3rtISNjb06kand here on CNBChttps://youtu.be/IdozZS38CsoIf you see the YouTube reports then you will agree that Walker Hayes seems to be a nice guy who is a good dad and deserves the unexpected success. Maybe he is making fun of his own country, but I don't understand the song text good enough to recognize the subtleties (upgrade? styrofoam?) and I have never been to an Applebee's either. I don't know what it is like. J.-------- Original message --------From: Marcus Daniels <marcus at snoutfarm.com> Date: 10/11/21  06:15  (GMT+01:00) To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com> Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Unexpected success
Is this how Germans make fun of Americans?