[FRIAM] Heart Rate

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Oct 16 15:10:21 EDT 2021

One way to prepare for decline is to accumulate wealth to share with children and grandchildren.   Another way is to bank stem cells and to stay fit.   But when death comes, I wonder how far we off from being able to harvest memories from the morphology of dendritic spines? [1]  One might imagine using magnetoencephalography or implants like Neuralink to spatially map the brain for content (with machine learning + recall exercises), and then after death do detailed imaging of the tissue itself.    A demo like recovering an image of the subject’s wife just from brain slices?   That would raise some venture capital eh?   Throwing away the hard disk seems crazy with the computer seems pretty wasteful.  Especially for fine specimens like Frank.

[1] https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnsyn.2020.00031/full