[FRIAM] Heart Rate

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Sat Oct 16 17:16:12 EDT 2021

I don't know Jon, except from a single VFriam during the peak of the
pandemic last year. I really hope that he meant that as some sort of a
joke, though even that would be in very, very bad taste. If he was serious,
then I would say "shame on you". At the ripe young age of 63 years, I've
begun to realize how damned precious each year is that I have left. And the
prospect of losing friends and loved ones who are older than I am scares
the shit out of me, maybe even more than my own mortality. I've come to
believe that the older a person is, the more valuable they are. Despite the
technology that we have to preserve audio and visual information, the most
direct link between the past and present are stored in the wetware between
the ears of the older generations.