[FRIAM] The Paper Architect.

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:05:37 EDT 2021

Excellent post, Jon. I continue to find oddballs with surprising stories to tell. I won't take the scholarly path you've taken to log it here. But I'd like to think I *patronize* them to some extent. I'm still waiting for the new guy, Josh, to show up at the salon again. He overheard my conversation with the murder hornet guy, where we were talking about eusociality and our transition from a network to a biofilm and Josh recommended the book Liber Null, by Peter Carroll. Neither me nor the hornet man will be reading that. 8^D But I've read enough core material and analyses of chaos magick [⛧] to know what it says. Josh was excited to have finally met a "regular person" who knows what chaos magick is. At that salon, he was clearly hopped up on something other than cider. (He had 6 taster glasses of beer and cider in front of him, along with a nearly full pint *and* was running back and forth to another pub where he had another tab going. But whether it was amphetamine or something more obtuse like ritalin or somesuch, I didn't get a chance to ask.)

For those who may not know, chaos magick is a metaphysically *agnostic*, or sometimes pluralistic, form of magick, which, a bit like the bio-hacking of the rationalists, is intended to target real-world effect more than hoity-toity, happy unicorn feelings. It's a hard-nosed approach to magick inspired by the likes of Crowley ... and maybe ... just maybe ... Diogenes.

I'll get Josh's story eventually ... if he doesn't die of heart failure first.

[⛧] The "k" is important. 8^D

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ