[FRIAM] stygmergy, CA's, and [biological] development

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Oct 20 11:26:13 EDT 2021

I do like the *is*/*does* duality you present here.   I also am reminded
of the "constraint provides form" truism as you discuss niche construction.

Stigmergy, for me, is the background fabric wherein "niche construction"
is effected, though the "niche" is a higher order abstraction, that I
*think* trying to use your well-crafted terminology here, an attempt to
join or at least establish an interplay between is/does.