[FRIAM] stygmergy, CA's, and [biological] development

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:28:59 EDT 2021

Also, for those that are unfamiliar with how adjoint functors come into the
picture, here is something I wrote for my website on adjoint functors for
dynamical systems:

https://jonzingale.github.io/dynamical-monads/dynamical.html

The graphs produced directly via this code:
https://github.com/jonzingale/jonzingale.github.io/tree/master/dynamical-monads/hs

Now, for those that have read and did the exercises in the Arbib and Manes
classic "Arrows, Structures and Functors", you know that certain
optimization problems like reachability and observability are dual
concepts. Starting around page 100

"""
Inspection of 9 and 12 may suggest to the astute reader that *reachability*
and *observability* are *dual* concepts, in the categorical sense of the
term. This is indeed so -- and for a class of machines broader than the
sequential machines....
"""

So come on, let's act as if we can all still read and treat each other with
some amount of grace. I have quite a lot to do this week, I would prefer
not to be bullied. Since Frank *does* know me, he should know better.