[FRIAM] Revising the American Revolution

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:57:40 EDT 2021

Hi Glen, Dave,

As my rationalism has been routed and is retreating in disarray, I am inclined to think of charisma as a social process not an intellectual one.  But I think it was Houlton who pointed out that these are not in any sense mutually exclusive, that a charasmatic idea can point to some aspects of a person and make that person seem charismatic and a charismatic person can point to some aspect of an idea and make it viral.  Was Reagan an idea or a person?   Still, I don't think Reagan would have lasted a day without his ability to make huge numbers of people FEEL that he was kin.

nick

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/