[FRIAM] Revising the American Revolution

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:55:13 EDT 2021

Well, I'm not fluent enough to know how deeply social contract thinking had embedded itself in the people who *liked* the document at the time. But social contracts are only one, very debatable, construction for "inalienable rights". Just because it makes the most sense to you, doesn't mean it provides the solid foundation you're looking for. It looks more like postmodernist sand, to me. You modernists, who faithfully buy into Grand Narratives that fit your priors would be suckered in by it. But I don't.

A stronger foundation would be one grounded in physics, chemistry, and biology ... and I suppose a "harder" psychology and sociology we might develop one day.

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ