[FRIAM] What can or can't (shouldn't) be said on FriAM...

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Oct 27 17:48:10 EDT 2021

Glen sed:
> As always, treating posts to a permanent, public forum like this as if they were chatty conversations seems ill-advised. I'm guilty of it, too. But ... tu quoque, I guess.

I think I finally appreciate the key point you were making when you have
said things like this before.   I somehow was reading "should" in a
different mode.  "ill advised" in the context of public/permanent is
what I think you were emphasizing (which I was missing).

I've left my foot in my mouth in public here and elsewhere many times
for sure, and likely often when I made this conflation (public/permanent
forum vs private/ephemeral chat).

I often find reading Wikipedia Discussion pages entertaining for that.
A little like sitting at the back of the restaurant and overhearing the
staff bickering and/or snarking about customers/management/one-another.