[FRIAM] What can or can't (shouldn't) be said on FriAM...

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 10:37:02 EDT 2021

The Stonemason looks good, I just ordered a copy. The quote is given by the
Judge in chapter 11. Glanton's gang is making their way north, following
the forests of the Gila, when they come upon the ruins at Keet Seel. Just
before, the Judge tells the story of all men. It appears as if it were his
own history, but then it also appears as if it were the kid's, and by the
end, every member of Glanton's gang "remembers" it differently.

Also in that chapter is the only reference I have ever read of the massacre
at Gnadenhutten. Growing up in Ohio, I am shocked by how completely native
American history was erased from midwestern/east coast curricula. I am
grateful for McCarthy's research and attention to detail, even if others
deem his writing inappropriate.