[FRIAM] we are lost

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:29:46 EDT 2021

Ok, So, Marcus,

>   What do categories want?

Love, recognition and safety?   Someone phone HR and get the ball rolling on
a new policy!

Spoken from the high perch of Irony.  Irony is like wormwood, delightful in
small doses but ultimately toxic.  Do we not all want love, recognition, and
safety?  Do we also want excitement and challenge.  Go figure!   Some of us
crave more of the one; some more of the other.  Given the contradiction
between those things, can we expect the right balance be guaranteed for each
and every one of us, for all time?  No.  Of course not.   But is that reason
to mock human striving toward these goals?  Or to mock Utilitarian attempts
to facilitate their achievement?  No.  I don't think so.  Irony is a guilty
pleasure.  Even though I use it and enjoy it, I have to admit that it is a
an abdication and fails as a policy.

Nick

Nick Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com