[FRIAM] we are lost

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:39:16 EDT 2021

Roger,

I also regret my answer.  But I still like the question.  I take it as, “What hopeless endeavor does a commitment to categories in though commit one to.  First answer: “Just one more instance.”  Second answer: “Firm Boundaries”. Nature abhors a category.  To assign an event or an object to a category is to piece it with a vector of one’s own choosing and leaving writhing on the plain of Life.   Still, just as we are hunters by nature, so are we category-assigners.  Evolutionarily speaking, we have been abducted by abduction.

Nick

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/