[FRIAM] (no subject)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Oct 30 12:05:00 EDT 2021

There is already coercion in the workplace in the form of the org chart.   My take on psychological safety is that it is really about bounding and resolving conflict and not letting the outcome of arguments take on truth status or change the political power of the winners or losers.   This is in the interests of the lower- and mid-level managers as much as the individuals who put forward weak ideas.   A company needs people that are prepared to be disagreeable to put down bad ideas, or everyone will bring their pony to the pageant, and complain they fell unsafe when they don’t get a blue ribbon!