[FRIAM] Liberal dilemmas

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 13:52:05 EDT 2021

Yeah. That Renee' has accepted a King Buffalo show, a psych-stoner rock band, as a birthday present this year demonstrates that she's aligned with whatever will be, will be. I can't get her to like brass bands or ambient doom, though. And neither of us will ever like Sad Boy music. We're too old to adapt to that garbage.

The girl who sold us the tickets looked about 12 years old. But apparently she's done a solo motorcycle tour around the US on her (admittedly new) Triumph Speed Twin ... My Triumph Tiger is pretty reliable. But  I'm not sure I'd have the gumption to do that ... at least not without my AAA card. The whole staff there at the bar where you buy tickets kinda adopted us as "the cute old couple that likes our music" ... the way Renee' and I *used* to look at seemingly ancient couples who wandered into a pub to drink together quietly. Nothing makes you feel old like a bunch of young people who are surprised you enjoy the same things they enjoy. [sigh]

And one of them wouldn't stop ranting about the idiots who refuse the vaccine yet vape, drink alcohol, or eat horse dewormer. What was that concept called again? Integrated personality?

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ