[FRIAM] Liberal dilemmas

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 18:26:14 EDT 2021

Exactly. This word, used as pejorative by Dave and a badge of honor by others, "liberal", is as vague as "love is like a red, red, rose". It's fscking nonsense. Liberal, especially "classical liberal", means money. Money is free, but anything unrelated to money can be arbitrarily restricted or free, at your convenience.

Of course, trading with people, via money, always leaves open an avenue for communication. You make a great win-win money-making deal with some fascists, or royals from a misogynist regime, after which you have a cocktail ... or a coffee ... or whatever it is Muslims drink, and that win-win deal opens the door for meatspace interaction. So, that's a good thing. The Silk Road is a great equalizer.

But such tiny windows are not a cause for celebration. They're a cause for worry, because those windows are so small.

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ