[FRIAM] the cancellation arc

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 15 09:47:41 EDT 2021

Well channeled glen.

RE: Steve Smith's electro-stim experimentation> 90% of what is known and written about such devices and the experiences they induce — far more than mere pain relief — can be found in a totally "non-respectable" domain — sex. For every TENS unit sold to someone like Steve, 10,000 are sold for sexual purposes.

The Bakken Museum in Minneapolis (by invitation only) has a wonderful collection of all the electrical devices invented and used for curative purposes — just about starting when Galvani twitched his first frog leg.

Aside: many of you have spoken of dream flying and at least one mentioned things like hang gliding / squirrel suits / etc.; bringing to mind my first (and only) hang gliding experience, from atop one of the monoliths in Rio to Copacabana Beach, tandem with a 90 lb / looked like she was 14  / female pilot, because tandem gliders have weight limits and I am not a small guy. 10 seconds of extreme terror until I realized that we were not plummeting; followed by a euphoria and conviction I was channeling a seagull.

davew