[FRIAM] Random Evolutions

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:51:49 EDT 2021

Reuben and Richard's article is wonderful and has given me a new
appreciation for capacitory potential (a concept that can often appear
dry). Walking back from Bosque brewery, hallucinations flood my mind of
Tesla coils and charge distributed harmonically from a boundary here to an
ineffable boundary there. The authors elucidate a process common in
mathematics, the process of defining a natural equivalence between
categories (here, of Markov process and PDEs) and imagining a Laplacian
over theorems, mathematicians working to bring one subject into equilibrium
with another.